This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Peanut Delight
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter, milk and egg.
- Add 3/4 cup of peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, condensed
milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over the crust; top with the remaining whipped topping and peanuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and butter on high for 1
minute or until melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract until smooth; drizzle over cake.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before cutting.
Yield: 12-15 servings