Chocolate-Peppermint Poke Cake
Make a cake that's easy to take and share. Pockets of creamy pudding and
melt-in-your-mouth peppermint candies are the memories you'll make.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 (4-serving size) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (12 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Whipped milk chocolate frosting
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped chocolate-covered peppermint patties (8 candies)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325 degrees
F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking
spray with flour.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- With handle of wooden spoon, poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with wire whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour over cake. Cover loosely; refrigerate for about 2 hours
or until chilled.
- Stir 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract into frosting.
- Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with peppermint patties.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time 25 min | Yield: 15 servings
To keep candies from sticking together as you cut them, sprinkle 1 tablespoon
sugar over the cutting board. As you cut the candies, toss them with the sugar.
Vanilla or chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix can be used instead
of the white chocolate pudding mix.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 360
(Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 45mg;
Sodium 440mg; Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 38g), Protein 4g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes