This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Pistachio Cake
- 1 (2 ounce) bag chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18.15 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle the
pecans and chocolate chips evenly around the bottom of the pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, use mixer to combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sugar,
water, orange juice, oil and eggs. Blend for 1 minute at low speed, scraping
the bowl occasionally.
- Beat for 2 minutes or more at medium speed, until the mixture the smooth.
- Remove 1 cup of batter to a small bowl and add the chocolate syrup to it,
stirring until the mixture is uniform; set aside.
- Pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan, then pour the chocolate
batter over it in a ring around the pan, avoiding the edges of the pan. Swirl
the chocolate batter into the white batter with a dinner knife.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until the cake springs back when touched lightly
with a finger and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes.
- If the cake has not shrunk slightly from the side of the pan, loosen it
lightly with a knife. Cover with a serving plate, invert, shake and remove from
- Cool completely before serving.