Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1 box butter recipe chocolate cake mix with pudding*
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Chambord
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 chocolate
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Brush tops of layers with Chambord. Place cake layer on a plate; spread
with jam and top with second layer.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in sour cream.
- Spread on top and sides of cake; sprinkle top with toasted pecans.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/17/2001 2:26 pm .