Chocolate Raspberry Sour Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream, divided usage
- 1 container cream cheese frosting, divided usage
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 containers chocolate frosting
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pans.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 cup sour cream in large bowl. Beat
at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2
- Pour into pans.
- Bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving platter. Spread 3/4 cup cream
cheese frosting on top of layer. Spread jam on top of cream cheese frosting.
- Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with chocolate
- To prepare sauce, blend remaining cream cheese frosting and 1 cup sour cream
in small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish top of frosted cake with 2-3 tablespoons of sauce in center and
- Place 2 tablespoons sauce on center of each serving plate, and top with
a slice of cake.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.