Chocolate Raspberry Sour Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream, divided usage
- 1 container cream cheese frosting, divided usage
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 containers chocolate frosting
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pans.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 cup sour cream in large bowl. Beat
at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2
- Pour into pans.
- Bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving platter. Spread 3/4 cup cream
cheese frosting on top of layer. Spread jam on top of cream cheese frosting.
- Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with chocolate
- To prepare sauce, blend remaining cream cheese frosting and 1 cup sour cream
in small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish top of frosted cake with 2-3 tablespoons of sauce in center and
- Place 2 tablespoons sauce on center of each serving plate, and top with
a slice of cake.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
Makes 12 servings.