Chocolate Raspberry Supreme Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (12.75 ounce) jar seedless Smucker's Red Raspberry Jam, divided
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (1 pound) container chocolate fudge icing
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily spray two 8- or 9-inch cake pans with
nonstick cooking spray or grease with softened butter and dust with flour;
shake out excess.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, 1/3 cup of raspberry jam and water in a large
mixing bowl. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide cake batter evenly into two prepared cake pans.
- Bake on center oven rack for 35 minutes or until cake is done.
- Cool cakes completely in pans on cake rack before removing from pans.
- Place first cake-round on plate and spread remaining 1/3 cup of raspberry
jam on top of cake.
- Place second layer on top of the first layer and use chocolate fudge icing
to ice sides and top of cake.
- Top each slice with a dab of jam.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.