Cinnamon Swirl Earthquake Cake
This cake will fall and look like an earthquake hit it.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 Betty Crocker Cinnamon Swirl Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 box or 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Spray a 10 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of pan with chopped pecans.
- Spread coconut over the pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Cinnamon Swirl Cake according to directions on the
box, except add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the cake mix.
- Add cinnamon swirl packet to cake mix, starting and stopping mixer about
- Pour cake mixture over coconut and pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar
and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Drop by tablespoonsful on top of cake batter. Run
a knife through the cream cheese mixture a little bit to swirl the top of the
cake. You still want to have the cream cheese in clumps.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.