Coconut Cake Supreme
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint and red gumdrops (optional)
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions in two 9-inch round
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, combine sour cream and sugar; mix well.
- Stir in coconut (filling will be soft). Set aside 1 cup of filling for frosting.
- To assemble, split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer
on a serving platter; cover with a third of the filling.
- Repeat layers.
- Fold reserved filling into whipped topping; frost cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with mint and gumdrops, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes