Coconut Supreme Cake
I also make this cake using lemon pie filling. I have also made it using
strawberry and cherry pie filling, not to mention good quality raspberry
if you really want to make this a spectacular cake, try spreading lemon
pie filling on tops of cake, then frost top and sides of cake with frosting sprinkling
a small amount of toasted coconut on top and the rest on the sides of cake.
This is a wonderful and very tasty combination with a light tang.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, your choice
- 2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted and divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, half-and-half and oil in a bowl. Beat
on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Fold in nuts and coconut with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Divide mixture into prepared pans spreading out batter evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean and
cake pulls away slightly from sides of pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and half-and-half in a bowl, beat with
mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar beating well until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup toasted coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Spread frosting evenly tops of layers, stack cakes one on top of the other,
sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 2, 2001.