Coconut Supreme Cake
I also make this cake using lemon pie filling. I have also made it using
strawberry and cherry pie filling, not to mention good quality raspberry
if you really want to make this a spectacular cake, try spreading lemon
pie filling on tops of cake, then frost top and sides of cake with frosting sprinkling
a small amount of toasted coconut on top and the rest on the sides of cake.
This is a wonderful and very tasty combination with a light tang.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, your choice
- 2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted and divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, half-and-half and oil in a bowl. Beat
on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Fold in nuts and coconut with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Divide mixture into prepared pans spreading out batter evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean and
cake pulls away slightly from sides of pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Frosting: Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and half-and-half in a bowl, beat with
mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar beating well until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup toasted coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Spread frosting evenly tops of layers, stack cakes one on top of the other,
sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 2, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes