Crazy Quilt Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A classic with a new look. During the Christmas holidays, use red and green
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, cut into small chunks
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow or pineapple cake mix
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour melted butter in 13 x 9-inch pan
and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple chunks and cherries on top of brown sugar.
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs as called for on the box
in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2
minutes. Pour over pineapple and cherries in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center
comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Invert cake onto
- Drizzle any remaining pan juices over cake.
- Serve warm or cool with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
At Christmas time, use both red and green maraschino cherries for a festive look.
After arranging pineapple and cherries in the pan, sprinkle 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans over the top, then proceed with pouring the batter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes