Brighten up your springtime celebrations with a batch of daisy cupcakes. They're
as fun to make as they are to eat.
- 1 (15 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
- 10 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 18 large marshmallows
- 18 yellow candy-coated candies
- Cupcakes: Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding lemon extract.
- Spoon batter into 18 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and
lemon extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Stir in food color until frosting is evenly tinted.
- Make an indentation in the center of each cupcake using the handle of a wooden
spoon or a straw, making sure not to break through bottom of cupcake.
- Spoon about 1 cup Frosting into resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece off
one of the bottom corners of bag. Pipe about 1 teaspoon Frosting into each cupcake.
Spread top of cupcakes with remaining Frosting.
- Decorations: Cut each marshmallow crosswise into 5 slices. Arrange 5 marshmallow petals on
top of each cupcake to resemble a daisy, pressing the marshmallows into the frosting.
- Place a candy in the center of the cupcake to complete the daisy.
Prep: 30 min | Cook: 20 min | Yield: 18 (1 cupcake) servings
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 320 Sodium:
251mg Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 51g Cholesterol: 24mg Protein: 2g Fiber: 0g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.