Chocolate chips are the spots on this tasty Dalmatian Cake.
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup whole or 2% milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
* Cake can also be frosted with 2 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream, whipped topping or ready-to-spread vanilla frosting. If using whipped cream or whipped topping, cover and refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cake: In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, water, milk, egg whites, oil, and vanilla and almond extracts. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gently stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when pressed in center.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frosting: Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract and marshmallow creme in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
Yield: 16 to 20 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats Company