Double Cherry Refrigerator Sheet Cake
- 1 (3-ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1 cherry-flavored cake mix*
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix, 2 to 2 1/2 cups yield
- 1 (4-serving size) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Dissolve Jell-O in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; set aside
at room temperature.
- Mix and bake cake as directed in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cool cake 20 to
- Poke deep holes through top of warm cake while it is still in pan with meat
fork or wooden pick, spacing holes about one half inch apart. With a cup, slowly
pour Jell-O mixture into holes.
- Refrigerate cake while preparing topping.
- Topping: In a chilled, deep bowl, blend whipped topping mix, instant pudding,
cold milk and vanilla extract until stiff, 3 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately frost cake.
- Cake must be stored in refrigerator and served chilled.
Serves 16 to 20.
The frosted cake may be frozen.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.