This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Double Chocolate Raspberry Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup dark rum, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini-chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (1 ounce) square white baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup rum, water and oil in a large mixing
bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn onto serving plate to finish cooling.
- In a small saucepan, melt raspberry preserves. Strain to remove seeds; set
- Reheat set aside seeds with half of the remaining rum. Strain again.
- Gently heat strained raspberry mixture, and stir in reserved rum. Let cool
- Poke holes into cake top and sides with a fork. Brush raspberry sauce over
top and sides of cake until all sauce has been absorbed into the cake (can be
a lengthy procedure). Let set for 30 minutes, then prepare chocolate glaze.
- Combine remaining chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons shortening in a microwavable
bowl. Heat on HIGH at 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir until
smooth. Spoon over cake.
- Chop white baking chocolate coarsely. Place in a plastic zip-loc bag with
1/2 teaspoon shortening. Microwave on HIGH at 10 second intervals until melted.
Squeeze until smooth. Cut off tip of bag, then drizzle over chocolate glaze.