Double Chocolate Raspberry Rum Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup dark rum, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini-chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (1 ounce) square white baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup rum, water and oil in a large mixing
bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn onto serving plate to finish cooling.
- In a small saucepan, melt raspberry preserves. Strain to remove seeds; set
- Reheat set aside seeds with half of the remaining rum. Strain again.
- Gently heat strained raspberry mixture, and stir in reserved rum. Let cool
- Poke holes into cake top and sides with a fork. Brush raspberry sauce over
top and sides of cake until all sauce has been absorbed into the cake (can be
a lengthy procedure). Let set for 30 minutes, then prepare chocolate glaze.
- Combine remaining chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons shortening in a microwavable
bowl. Heat on HIGH at 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir until
smooth. Spoon over cake.
- Chop white baking chocolate coarsely. Place in a plastic zip-loc bag with
1/2 teaspoon shortening. Microwave on HIGH at 10 second intervals until melted.
Squeeze until smooth. Cut off tip of bag, then drizzle over chocolate glaze.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes