Double Glazed Rum Raisin Chocolate Cake
Devils food cake with California raisins twice glazed with vanilla and chocolate.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devils food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rum or water
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine all cake ingredients except raisins. Mix at low
speed until moistened. Mix at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Glaze: In small saucepan, melt white vanilla chips over very low hear; stir in
1 tablespoon oil. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- In another small saucepan, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips over very low heat;
stir in 1 teaspoon oil.
- Drizzle over vanilla glaze.
- Let stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Decorate with dark and white chocolate curls.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Yield: 1 cake
Nutrition Facts Per Serving Calories 400 (38% from fat); Total Fat 17g (sat
8g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 51g;
(Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 22g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 460mg; Calcium 160mg; Potassium
Recipe and photo credit: California Raisin Marketing Board