This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box orange supreme cake mix
- 12 ounces prepared whipped topping
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- Prepare the orange cake according to directions on package, and bake in
two 9-inch round pans.
- When done, cool the cake for 10 to 15 minutes in the pans, then remove and
allow to cool completely on wax paper or rack.
- When the cakes are cooled, slice each in half to produce four round layers.
- Meanwhile, blend together the prepared whipped topping, sour cream and sugar
in a large mixing bowl with a hand-held mixer.
- Place the first layer of the orange cake on a serving dish. Cover generously
with the whipped topping.
- Repeat the process with other layers, making sure to use the white frosting
between all layers except the top one.
- Mix at least the half the orange gelatin POWDER into the remaining white
frosting. Cover the top layer and the side of the cake with it.
- Chill until serving time.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.