Dreamsicle Cake 2
- 1 box orange cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Orange Supreme preferably)
- 1 small box orange flavor gelatin dessert
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange flavoring
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Cake: Beat all ingredients together for two to three minutes. Pour into
3 round cake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, as per directions on box, until golden brown
- Cool completely. Optional: when cake is cool split layers in half.
- While cake is cooling make icing.
- Icing: Mix sour cream and coconut together in small bowl and put in refrigerator
until ready to use.
- Mix sugar and orange juice together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix sour cream and sugar mixtures together with Cool Whip. Spread in between
layers, on top, and on sides of cake.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.