Dulce de Leche Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for 13 x 9-inch baking
pan; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave
on MEDIUM power, stirring halfway through, for 4 minutes.
- Reduce to MEDIUM-LOW power; microwave, stirring with wire whisk every few
minutes, for 16 to 24 minutes or until thick and light caramel colored.
- Stir in caramel topping. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread evenly over cake. Cool completely.
- Beat cream in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract; beat until stiff peaks
form. Spoon over cake; sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Makes 12 servings.