This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Duncan Hines Black Forest Tiara Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a tiara pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water, oil and cake mix. Blend on low speed
until moistened. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place 3 cups batter into prepared tiara pan (there will be enough leftover
batter to make nine cupcakes).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 21-24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted
comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan by inverting cake onto cooling rack. Cool completely;
place on a serving platter.
- Prepare mousse: In medium bowl, fold almond extract into whipped topping.
Spread evenly into well of cooled cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare topping: Spoon cherry pie filling on top of mousse. Leave an edge
of mousse showing.
- Refrigerate cake for 2 hours.