- 1 small can coconut
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 box confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle coconut and pecans in bottom of a lightly
greased 16 x 11-inch pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box. Pour over coconut and pecans.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spoon large spoonsful
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
You cannot test for doneness, as the cake will appear sticky even when
it is done. The icing sinks into the batter as it bakes, forming the white ribbon