Easy Eggnog Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup dairy eggnog
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum or rum flavoring
- Cake: In a bowl, combine cake mix and pudding. Add eggnog and eggs. Beat
for 8 minutes at medium speed.
- Fold in nuts and cherries. Turn into well greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
- Eggnog Frosting: Beat butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, salt and eggnog until smooth and creamy. Add
rum or rum flavoring, if desired.
- Frost cake and sprinkle with nutmeg.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.