Easy Fresh Blueberry Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTE), melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Measure 2 cups cake mix into a bowl.
- Prepare remaining mix according to package directions, using 2/3 cup water and 1 egg. Measure 1 cup batter; set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Add butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to reserved cake mix. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture evenly over the batter in pan.
- Arrange blueberries evenly over crumb mixture.
- Spoon reserved batter evenly over top of blueberries.
- Sprinkle with remaining half of crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.