Easy Moist Cake
- 1 (17 or 18 ounce) box lemon cake mix*
- 1 (21 ounce) can apricot pie filling*
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or grease a tube or Bundt pan and set
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with an electric mixer.
Start on low/medium to just combine, then beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake according to cake mix box directions.
(This may take as much as 12 minutes longer.) Be careful not to over-bake.
This cake doesn't need any icing or glaze.
* You can use any combination of cake and pie filling flavors:
- chocolate cake and cherry pie filling
- lemon cake and any berry pie filling
- spice or carrot cake and apple pie filling
- orange cake and apricot or pineapple pie filling