Eggnog Cake with Rum Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups commercial eggnog
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum flavoring plus 1 teaspoon brandy flavoring
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with soft butter.
Press almonds against sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, vegetable oil and
flavoring. Beat at medium spread until smooth and creamy - about 4 minutes.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack or serving plate
to complete cooling.
- Prick cake with a thin skewer and top with Rum Syrup while cake is still
- Rum Syrup: Boil sugar and water 5 minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla extract and rum. Cook until the mixture becomes syrupy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.