Eggnog Cake with Rum Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups commercial eggnog
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum flavoring plus 1 teaspoon brandy flavoring
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rum
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with soft butter.
Press almonds against sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, vegetable oil and
flavoring. Beat at medium spread until smooth and creamy - about 4 minutes.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack or serving plate
to complete cooling.
- Prick cake with a thin skewer and top with Rum Syrup while cake is still
- Rum Syrup: Boil sugar and water 5 minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla extract and rum. Cook until the mixture becomes syrupy.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes