- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup candied cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups commercially-prepared eggnog
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan
with 2 tablespoons softened butter.
- Press almonds and candied cherries against
buttered sides and bottom making a pretty pattern. Dust lightly with flour and
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog,
melted butter and rum or rum flavoring. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes or
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed lightly.
- Let cool in pan, 10 minutes; invert on wire rack and cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes