Elvis Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter together and mix well. Pat into a
lightly greased 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- Prepare the filling.
- Filling: Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut butter; beat.
- Add the banana and butter and mix well.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix well. Spread over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. The center should be a little gooey, so do not
- Top each cake slice with a mint leaf and dollop of whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes