Fantasy Fudge Brownie Cake
- 1 (19.5-21 ounce) box fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
- 2 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate for baking
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup cherry or seedless raspberry preserves
- Chopped nuts or grated chocolate (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray nonstick cake pan with nonstick cooking
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies;
pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
with some moist crumbs attached.
- Cool for 20 minutes; invert onto cooling rack and remove pan. Cool completely.
- Place white chocolate and milk in small bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute;
stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Microwave an additional
10-20 seconds if necessary. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well.
Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture; mix until smooth. Fold in whipped
topping. Attach desired tip to decorating tube. Fill with 1/2 cup of the cream
cheese mixture; set aside for garnish.
- Spread preserves evenly over cake. Frost cake with remaining cream cheese
mixture. Pipe a decorative border around edge of cake using decorator. Garnish
with chopped nuts or grated chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol
75 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 230 mg, Fiber 1 g