This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Festive Frangelico Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Frangelico
- 1/8 pound butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup Frangelico
- Cake: Combine cake ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed for
2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Set on rack to cool.
- Invert on serving plate. Prick top immediately with wooden pick; drizzle
and brush half of glaze evenly over top and sides. Reserve 1/2 of glaze. After
cake has cooled, reheat glaze and brush it evenly over cake.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 3 minutes,
- Remove from heat. Stir in Frangelico.