Frozen Boston Cream Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box pound cake mix
- 3 cups light vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- Prepare cake mix as box directs. Transfer batter to two 9-inch round cake
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmold from pans and cool completely.
- Transfer ice cream to zip-top bag. Freeze until ready to assemble cake.
- To assemble: Place one cake layer on serving plate. Rub bag of ice cream
between your hands to warm slightly. Snip off one corner of bag, pipe ice cream
onto cake, spread ice cream evenly. Top with other cake layer and freeze 1 hour,
or wrap and freeze overnight.
- To serve: Heat cream in saucepan just to a boil. Remove from heat and stir
in chocolates. Keep stirring until combined and melted. Pour chocolate sauce
onto the center of the cake and spread it toward the edge.
- Place in freezer to set chocolate, 30 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes