Fudge Ribbon Cake
A delicious chocolate cake with a ribbon layer made with ricotta cheese, then
glazed with a fudgy frosting.
- 1 standard size chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake ingredients and mix, following directions on cake mix package.
- In small bowl, combine ribbon layer ingredients; beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread half of cake batter in prepared baking pan.
- Spoon and spread ribbon mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Spoon and spread remaining batter evenly over ribbon mixture.
- Bake according to cake package directions.
- Cool completely and remove from pan, following package directions.
- Combine glaze ingredients and heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until
chocolate is melted; cool slightly. Spread over top of cake.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin