This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fudge Ribbon Cherry Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups maraschino cherry juice, or as needed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, as needed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix with cherry juice instead of the water it calls for in
the directions. Use rest of ingredients stated on the box.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In small mixer bowl beat cream cheese, margarine and cornstarch until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract; beat
until smooth. Pour evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan, cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 12 servings.