Golden Lemon Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unpeeled yellow squash, grated
- 3/4 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan or a 12-cup Bundt or
tube pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, oil and eggs at low speed
until moistened. Continue beating at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in squash, pineapple and almonds, thoroughly blending all ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes for the 9 x
13-inch pan or 60 to 70 minutes for the Bundt pan. Cake is done when a cake
tester comes out clean.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 215 calories, 10 g fat, 31 g carbohydrate,
2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 34 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes