Gooey Butter Cake
This is a quick version of this famous cake from St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mix together the cake mix, 2 eggs and butter. Batter will be thick. Spread
batter into a 13 x 9-inch greased and floured pan.
- Blend remaining 2 eggs, all but 2 tablespoons of the confectioners'
sugar and cream cheese. Pour over batter.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle
the 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar on top.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes longer. Do not over-bake or topping
will not be gooey.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.