Gooey Butter Cheesecake
- 1 (2-layer) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 pound) box powdered sugar, sifted
- Melt 1 stick butter in 11 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread around to coat evenly.
- Pour remaining stick of melted butter into mixing bowl; add 2 eggs and beat.
- Add cake mix and blend thoroughly. Batter will be very thick. Spread batter
in buttered pan.
- Mix together remaining 1 stick butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and
the remaining 2 eggs, and pour over cake batter:
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
To keep bottom from browning too much, place another cake pan with water
in it on lower rack. Bake until sides are firm, middle will still be wiggly. Cake
will rise and then fall in the middle when it is cooled. Sprinkle with powdered
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 5:37:54 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes