This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grasshopper Fudge Cake
Pretty streaks of green peek out from slices of white cake topped with hot fudge
sauce and creamy whipped topping.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 egg whites
- 12 drops green food color
- 2 (16 ounce) jars hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 drops yellow food color
- Thin rectangular crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325 degrees F for
dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mint
extract and the egg whites. Reserve 1 cup batter.
- Stir 3 drops of the green food color into reserved batter; set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Drop green batter by generous tablespoonsful randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto
batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves
in one continuous motion. Turn pan 1/4 turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
- Bake for 28 to 33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake.
- In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 teaspoon extract, remaining
9 drops green food color and the yellow food color until blended.
- Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge.
- Garnish with candy pieces.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 1 hr 55 min | Yield: 15 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Warm the foil-wrapped mints in your hands for a minute or two to make cutting
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 150); Total
Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 450mg; Total Carbohydrate
68g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 46g); Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 4 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker - © 2010 ®/TM General Mills