Heaven on Earth Cake
- 1 box angel food cake or 1 prepared angel food cake
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted, thawed (optional)
18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe.
- Bake angel food cake according to package directions. Allow to cool, then cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and sour cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 9 x13-inch baking dish, arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in a layer.
- Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake.
- Place the remaining 1/2 of the cake on top of the pie filling.
- Spoon pudding over cake and spread evenly.
- Spoon and spread whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Garnish cake with the remaining pie filling and toasted almonds (if using).
- Chill for 4 to 5 hours.