Heavenly Hawaii Coconut Cake
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain and save juice)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups coconut, divided
- 9 maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup.
- Combine butter, sugar, pineapple and 1 cup of the coconut. Spread in a greased
13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cut each cherry almost through to make 4 petals. Arrange in bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix, substituting 1 cup juice for water.
- Stir remaining coconut into batter. Pour carefully over coconut and pineapple
mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert on a serving plate.