Honey Bun Spice Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs and sour cream. Stir
by hand approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone.
- Pour half of the batter into a 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan sprayed with
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the batter in the
- Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown
sugar and cinnamon. Swirl the cake with a butter knife or icing knife until
it looks like a honey bun.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of
the cake comes out clean.
- Frost cake while it is still fairly hot.
- Serve warm.
- Frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar,
milk and vanilla extract until smooth.