Jamocha Rum 'n' Butter Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, with pudding in the mix
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 package chocolate fudge frosting mix
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 large Hershey chocolate candy bar
- Add coffee powder to cake mix, and bake according to directions on package
in 13 x 9-inch pan.
- While cake bakes, combine water, sugar, butter and rum in a small pan. Heat
until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Spoon over hot cake until all liquid is absorbed.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- Combine frosting mix, coffee powder, and whipping cream in mixing bowl.
- Chill for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Beat until thickened.
- Top cake with mixture and garnish with shaved Hershey bar.
Yield: 10 servings