Kahlua Vodka Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (with pudding in mix)
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, vodka
and Kahlua; beat for 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes with electric mixer.
- Bake in prepared pan for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert on wire rack to cool.
- Once cake is cooled, poke holes in cake with a chopstick and slowly pour
icing over cake.
- Icing: In saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water; bring to a boil, stirring
until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Just before pouring over the cake, stir in vodka and Kahlua.