Lemon Dream Cake
This was my mother's recipe!
- 1 Box Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix (I have used other brands)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (less 1 tablespoon) oil
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- Beat eggs at high speed with mixer and mix with rest of ingredients at medium
- Bake in tube or Bundt pan at 350 degrees F for almost an hour.
- Glaze: 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar mixed with the juice of 2 lemons (I use
bottled lemon juice and make it where it will pour). Pour over hot cake. You
can put some holes in the cake so the glaze will soak in, if desired. I usually
guess the glaze mixture after the first few times. The more you put, the better
- Turn cake out on plate.
- If you desire, you may put glaze on the top for
decoration. Make this glaze a little thicker than the first glaze.
This cake is very moist if left to set a day or two. Unfortunately, they usually
don't last that long at my house!
IF YOU TEST THIS CAKE WITH A WOODEN PICK BEFORE IT IS DONE ON THE INSIDE IT WILL
FALL - but it is still good anyway! DO NOT OVER-MIX!
Posted by lonnie at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes