Lemon Jelly Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Cake Mix
- 8 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitute)
- Prepare cake mix as directed in two 8-inch pans.
- Let cool and set aside.
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and butter together in a saucepan. Cook
mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
If mixture becomes lumpy, strain.
- Put mixture in bowl and set in refrigerator until cold.
- Slice cake to make 4 layers and put lemon mixture between layers and on
top of cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.