Lemon Jelly Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Cake Mix
- 8 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitute)
- Prepare cake mix as directed in two 8-inch pans.
- Let cool and set aside.
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and butter together in a saucepan. Cook
mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
If mixture becomes lumpy, strain.
- Put mixture in bowl and set in refrigerator until cold.
- Slice cake to make 4 layers and put lemon mixture between layers and on
top of cake.