Lemon Meringue Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (4 serving) size box lemon pudding mix (not instant)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Prepare cake mix as directed, baking in two 8- or 9-inch round pans.
- Split each cake layer in half horizontally, so you have 4 layers.
- Make the filling: Prepare pudding mix according to package directions for
pie. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the egg yolks. Set aside to cool.
- Place the bottom cake layer on a cookie sheet or ovenproof serving plate.
- Divide the lemon filling in thirds. Place between each layer of cake, ending
with cake only.
- Whip egg whites in small bowl on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in the sugar, about a tablespoon at a time, on high speed until stiff
peaks form. Spread or pipe the meringue over the top and sides of the cake,
being sure to seal all areas.
- Place on center rack in preheated 375 degree F oven and bake for about 10
minutes, until meringue is lightly browned.
- Refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: 233 calories (20 percent from fat), 5 g fat (1.4 g saturated),53
mg cholesterol, 3 g protein, 45 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 300 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes