This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coat a 12-cup tube pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cake: Combine all ingredients and beat on low speed 30 seconds; continue on medium
speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until springy
to the touch.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Drizzle with icing.
- Icing: Stir together until smooth.