Lime Cooler Colada Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 2 limes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 small box coconut cream or vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruits (kiwi, pineapple, apricots, nectarines, peaches, mango, papaya)
- 2 tablespoons toasted flaked coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake according to directions on box and bake in two 9-inch baking pans
at the temperature indicated.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Put one cake on serving plate.
- Zest limes to get 2 teaspoons zest, then juice limes to get 1/4 cup juice.
- Beat cream cheese, gradually adding milk. Add pudding mix; beat for 1 minute.
- Whisk in zest and juice, fold in whipped topping. Spread half over cake layer.
- Top with remaining cake layer and remaining pudding mix.
- Arrange fresh fruit on top of cake and sprinkle with coconut.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes