This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin, the milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon
of the pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until
well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until creamy.
- Add confectioners' sugar, remaining pumpkin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon
pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Remove cake layers from pans, then cut each layer horizontally in half with
a serrated knife. Stack the layers on a serving plate, spreading the cream cheese
mixture between the layers. Do not frost the top layer.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and pecans.
- Store in refrigerator.