This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Luscious Key Lime Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines moist deluxe lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box lemon instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Crisco vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice (fresh or bottled lime juice may be substituted for the Key lime juice)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup Key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Thinly sliced lime, for garnishing
- Fresh strawberry slices, for garnishing, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 3/4 cups water and 1/4 cup key
lime juice in a large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened.
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled return cake to pan. Using a straw or wooden skewers, poke holes
in top of warm cake . Pour slowly over the top of warm cake the glaze. Cool
- Invert cake onto serving platter. Dust with additional confectioners'
- Garnish with lime slices and strawberry slices if using.
- Glaze: Combine the confectioners' sugar, lime juice, water and melted
butter in a medium bowl, whisking well to combine all ingredients.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.