Magic Strawberry Cake
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared per package directions
- 1 (3 ounce) box wild strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed, but do not drain
- 2/3 cup cold water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread marshmallows evenly over the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch)
- Spread prepared cake batter evenly over marshmallows.
- Sprinkle dry gelatin powder evenly over the cake batter.
- Spoon slightly thawed strawberries here and there over gelatin powder and
then drizzle evenly with 2/3 cup COLD water, but do not stir.
- Slip cake carefully onto center rack of oven to bake 55 minutes to 1 hour
or until tests done in center and top is golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Refrigerate leftovers to serve within 1 week, garnishing each serving with
Cool Whip or whipped cream and additional strawberries.
Serves 8 to 10.