Mango Margarita Cake
Mangoes and margarita mix make a tropical cake creamy and dreamy.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1 cup nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1 pound 8 ounce) jar sliced mango in extra-light syrup, well drained, diced
- Remaining diced mango
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 2 (6 ounce containers Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free mango yogurt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking
spray with flour (do not use dark or nonstick pan).
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, lime peel, eggs and 1 cup of
the diced mango with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed
2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In blender, place remaining 1/4 cup diced mango. Cover; blend until smooth.
- In medium bowl, fold together whipped topping and yogurt; frost cake. Spoon small
dollops of pureed mango over frosting, then swirl with back of spoon.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 15 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
If you can't find mango yogurt, you can use peach yogurt.
Look for jars of sliced mango in the refrigerated section of the produce department.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 90); Total
Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 260mg; Total
Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 30g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*:
Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/© 2008 ®/TM General Mills