This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet mini morsels, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed
with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured
12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 33 to 35 minutes or until cake
springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove cake from pan, and cool
completely on wire rack.
- Cook butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a heavy saucepan over
medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar; if glaze seems thick, add remaining
1 tablespoon milk, stirring to desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
- Microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels and shortening in a small
microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Pour melted chocolate
into a small zip-top freezer bag. Snip 1 corner of bag, and drizzle over brown
- Sprinkle almonds on cake.
Makes 12 servings.